Saturday, February 28, 2009

LVook-See Review of the Kalahari GM

I went to the boutique today, with my usual accomplice, Jerome, and we were presented with 2009 Spring Summer's showpiece, the Kalahari GM. As soon as our SA pulled it out of the dustbag, both of our jaws dropped! The look is stunning but after our initial reactions subsided, Jerome found it uncomfortable to sling over the shoulder. For me, it was quite cumbersome to get in and out of especially with the beads in the front. The metallic leather is soft and luxurious and covers the entire inner flap which was nice but brown microfibre was used for the lining which darkened the interior and could prove to be a challenge when looking for stuff. The bag is definitely a head turner but it lacks functionality if you want an everyday bag. Hope this helps for anyone considering a $3K bag purchase.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, i jes randomly stopped by your blog via abitnerdy.blogspot.com
    (she's really pretty too) lols, i hope that comment doesn't make me strange or weird.
    anywhos, cute blogspot.
    your name reminds me of what marc jacobs said (the creative director as you probably already know):
    you can't spell LOVE without 'LV'
    LOL cheesy but i still remember that ! & he said that a while back now.. x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post and visit again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I'm kinda happy that you mention this bag being uncomfortable coz that makes me feel a lot better about not being able to afford it now! XD

    Btw, do you know if the Stephen Sprouse LV charm on the phone (see your Feb 25 post) is still selling in Asia? (I'm in Singapore)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nashe^, thanks for visiting. I'm sorry but I can't tell you the inventory in Singapore. Do you guys have a number that you can call like here in the US? It's a great cell charm so I hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! Thanks. I gave them a call. Thinking of getting the one in fuchsia. Wheee~~

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!