Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Louis Vuitton Objets Nomades Collection

 Louis Vuitton unveils its Objets Nomades Collection in its Miami Design District store.  Featuring 16 travel-inspired items from 11 designers and studios such as Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby, Christian Liaigre, Fernando and Humberto Campana, and Oki Sato of Nendo.  LV is known for their folding beds and  travel furniture in trunks but Objets Nomades are a combination of production and special order pieces featuring of course the luxurious Nomade leather. Above is Campanas’ Maracatu limited-edition hanging travel cabinet ($52500), which is crafted out of Nomade strips.

Other items that are still in the prototype stage are Patricia Urquiola’s Stool, which unfolds like a flower; Nendo’s lamp, a leather shade backed by LEDs that conveniently rolls into a tube and tucks neatly into a leather carrying strap; and Maarten Baas’s Beach Chair, a new interpretation  on the old-fashioned stadium seat, that folds in attaché case.

The collection will be on view through Dec. 9, and will then travel to the following Vuitton boutiques: Omotesando in Tokyo, Marina Bay in Singapore, Taipei 101 in Taipei, New Bond Street in London, Champs-Élysées in Paris and SoHo in New York.
The Bell Lamp, designed by Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby, has a blown-glass shade with a solar-powered light, and Nomade straps for hanging. $3350
This lamp, by Oki Sato of Nendo, consists of an LED-backed Nomade shade that rolls into a tube, and stores neatly in a carrying strap.
The Beach Chair by Maarten Baas folds up into what looks like an attache case with its Nomade details.

Atelier Oï’s The Hammock is made of Nomade leather, with gold-plated fixtures. $3200
Christian Liaigre’s folding Travel Desk has a maple frame and a Nomade top. $34900

Patricia Urquiola’s Stool in Nomade (above & below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my passion and obsession for the brand that is Louis Vuitton. I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this company nor its subsidiaries. This is my personal blog and the views and opinions expressed herein represent my own and not those of the people, institutions, or organizations that I may or may not be related to, unless stated explicitly. Also, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I learn and develop my understanding regarding the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at that particular moment in time and these might change. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. My blog includes links to other sites or blogs operated by third parties. These are provided as a means of convenient access to you for the information or opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. I try my very best to credit photos, articles, or videos that are contained herein. I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Drop me a line 4dluvoflv@gmail.com. Thanks and here's wishing you LVoe!!!